|Slogan||La radio de tous les hits|
Bell Media Radio|
|Énergie (1988-2009), NRJ (2009-2015)|
Énergie is a Canadian radio network of French-language contemporary hit radio outlets broadcasting throughout the province of Quebec and portions of eastern Ontario, in Eastern Canada. They offer a personality-driven mix of francophone and anglophone pop hits and cutting-edge programs, catering to a young adult audience. Although the flagship station is CKMF-FM Montreal, the 10 stations in the network usually have their own talent and format for each of their own markets. They are owned by Bell Media.
Most, but not all, Énergie stations broadcast in the same markets as Bell's adult contemporary network Rouge FM.
In December 1988, Énergie was created.
In 2006, Astral Media programmed a satellite radio channel, branded as Énergie2, for broadcast on Sirius Canada and Sirius Satellite Radio, on channel 89. This channel offered essentially the same format as the terrestrial network, and was hosted by Richard Fortin and Nicolas Wilson. However, the Énergie brand was entirely discarded in September 2010, as Sirius Canada acquired the channel, dropped the English artists and renamed it as Latitude franco.
On July 6, 2009, Astral Media and European NRJ Group announced a deal to rebrand the Énergie network as "NRJ", effective August 24. (The French pronunciations of "NRJ" and "énergie" are nearly identical.) Astral retained full ownership of the stations.
For the network, the Astral Media IDs usually use Astral's rock jingles from rock stations rather than Astral's jingle packages used on the contemporary hit radio stations such as CIBK-FM in Calgary or CHSU-FM in Kelowna.
On August 17, 2015, the network announced that it would rebrand itself back as Énergie, starting on August 24.
- Old Énergie2 logo from 2006 until 2010. Before available on Sirius.
- Previous logo of énergie from 2001 until 2009.
- Previous logo of NRJ from 2009 until 2010.
- Pre-2009: Monte le son
- 2009–2011: Méchante radio (primary)
- 2009–2011: Des hits qui arrachent (secondary)
- 2011–2012: La radio des hits
- 2012–present : La radio de tous les hits
- List of radio stations in Quebec
- NRJ, the French radio station
- ↑ NRJ is the new signature of Energie, the number one radio network in Quebec, Astral Media press release, July 6, 2009
- ↑ Ta station Énergie devient... ta station NRJ!, July 6, 2009
- ↑ NRJ devient Énergie. Infopresse, August 17, 2015.